nationsobserver.com

Nation Observer

Nation Observer

Subscribe Now
Log in
Menu
  • France
  • Europe
  • Switzerland
  • Business
  • International
  • Sports
  • UN
Home France

French mother of boys abandoned in Portugal returns to court

cudhfrance@gmail.com by cudhfrance@gmail.com
May 23, 2026
in France
0
French mother of boys abandoned in Portugal returns to court



A French woman suspected of abandoning her two young boys in Portugal and her partner arrived at court on Saturday for further questioning, according to an AFP reporter at the scene.

The 41-year-old woman and the 55-year-old man could potentially be placed in pretrial detention following the hearing in the port city of Setubal as authorities investigate alleged child abuse, endangerment and abandonment.

The boys, aged four and five, were found crying on the side of a road on Tuesday evening by a passing motorist near the resort town of Comporta, where they had been left with backpacks containing food and water but no identity documents, according to Portuguese media.

The couple was arrested Thursday by Portuguese authorities and brought before an investigating judge Friday at the court in Setubal, about 50 kilometres (30 miles) south of the capital, Lisbon.

They were questioned for several hours at the court in a first session on Friday.

Upon their arrival at the court, the man, identified by authorities as Marc B., had twice shouted “I love you” in French, while the boy’s mother, identified as Marine R., hummed a melody.

Shortly after midnight Friday, as Marc B. was leaving the courthouse in a police van, he shouted “Portugal Armageddon”  toward journalists gathered outside.

Reported missing

On Saturday morning, police officers ensured the pair remained inside the vehicle transporting them until it had fully entered the courthouse garage and the doors had closed.

Journalists later caught sight of the couple through a window inside the building.

The children have been placed with a French foster family in Lisbon pending their return to France.

Portuguese authorities said the brothers had been living with their mother in Colmar, in eastern France, while their father had limited and supervised visitation rights.

French authorities had been searching for the mother and the children since May 11, when the father reported them missing.

The mother of the motorist who found the children told Portuguese media that one of the boys said they had been blindfolded and told to look for a hidden toy.

When they took their blindfolds off, their mother and her car were gone.

Read More

Previous Post

2026 MLB Odds: How Will Gerrit Cole’s Comeback Season Shape Up?

Next Post

Swiss petition targets Starlink expansion in the Alps

Next Post
Swiss petition targets Starlink expansion in the Alps

Swiss petition targets Starlink expansion in the Alps

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • How to Bet on Soccer: World Cup Betting Guide and Strategies
  • US government releases UFO sighting reports – 'Orbs swarming in all directions'
  • P!NK, Julian Bunetta, and Harvey Mason jr. among honorees at NMPA’s 2026 Annual Meeting
  • The overlooked fight to prevent another pandemic
  • Swiss petition targets Starlink expansion in the Alps

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Facebook X-twitter Youtube

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Cart
  • Checkout
  • Home
  • My account
  • Shop

© 2026 Nation Observer - Designed & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin.